Paddle EZ, LLC
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER.
THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY & WAIVER OF LEGAL RIGHTS.
- Definitions. The person renting the stand up paddleboarding, kayaking or other equipment (the “Equipment”) from Paddle EZ, LLC (“Paddle EZ”) and agreeing to these terms and conditions shall be referred to hereinafer as “You”. “ Released Parties” means (i) Paddle EZ, LLC and any of its successors in interest, affiliated organizations and companies, insurance carriers, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, officers, directors, members, and shareholders and (ii) owner of property upon which Paddle EZ has located its locker(s) used by You. The “Activity” means taking part in stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and other activities using the Equipment.
- General Rules & Restriction For Equipment Use And Rental
- You certify and guarantee that You are at least 18 years of age or older. If You falsify or misrepresent, unintentionally or intentionally, Your age, You accept full responsibility for any and all damages, demands, consequences, causes of action, losses, injuries, court and litigation costs, attorney’s fees, penalties, fines, legal actions of any kind, judgments, expenditures of any type or nature whatsoever related to such misrepresentations, whether intentional or unintentional.
- Due to Equipment limitations, individuals whose weight exceeds 225 lbs or chest size exceeds 52” are not permitted to use the Equipment. You certify and guarantee that You do not exceed these limitations.
- State laws require that each person must have a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) onboard. State law requires children under 13 and non-swimmers wear a PFD.
- As a preventive measure, Paddle EZ recommends that You use a properly fitted Personal Flotation Device (PFD) at all times when operating the Equipment. It is Your sole responsibility to utilize a PFD.
- You agree to carefully inspect the Equipment prior to using the Equipment. You agree, prior to operating the Equipment, to notify Paddle EZ if there appear to be any issues with the Equipment and if You use any Equipment that You that later determines is not operating properly, You will immediately stop using the Equipment, return the Equipment and notify Paddle EZ.
- You assert, represent and certify that You are experienced and familiar with the safe and competent operation of the Equipment, and further, that You are physically and mentally fit to use the Equipment. You are solely responsible for any injury or damages resulting from improper or unsafe operation of the Equipment. If You have any existing physical or mental condition that would prohibit You from safely operating the Equipment, You are prohibited from using the Equipment.
- You agree that You will not operate or use the Equipment in any manner during adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to: tornados, hurricanes, fog, heavy rains, offshore breeze, when wind is blowing out to sea, or lightning storms.
- You expressly agree that You shall not attempt to operate the Equipment if You are under the influence of drugs or alcohol and/or impaired with an alcohol level above what is legally permissible under state or local laws. You assume all risks and liabilities resulting from any and all use or attempted use of the Equipment while impaired. Operating the Equipment while impaired or under the influence can cause death or serious bodily injury as well as endangering the safety of others.
- You are Required to Comply with all applicable local, state, county, local, and property rules, regulations, codes and laws that relate to the safe operation the Equipment. You must also comply with the posted Equipment Safety Rules and Regulations. You certifiy You have familiarized Yourself with such prior to operating the Equipment.
- Equipment is and shall remain the exclusive property of Paddle EZ at all times. You shall not remove or modify any logos, trademarks, accessories, parts or components of the Equipment as it is a criminal act to do so.
- You are expressly prohibited from allowing any 3rd party to use the Equipment in any capacity whatsoever. You are prohibited from allowing anyone else upon any part of the Equipment at all times. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may allow a minor at least 12 years of age to use the Equipment and participate in the Activity under your supervision, but only if You are the minor’s parent or legal guardian. You (i) agree that You are fully and completely responsible and liable for all injuries, damages, costs, and expenses arising from or related to the minor’s use of the Equipment and participation in the Activity, and (ii) represent, warrant, and agree that You are the minor’s parent or legal guardian and that You have all accepted and agreed to all terms and conditions herein on behalf of the minor.
- You must contact Paddle EZ and local Police immediately in the event of theft of the Equipment or an accident that occurred during Your use of Equipment resulting in bodily injury. A police report should be obtained in any of these events and provided to Paddle EZ upon request within 5 business days of the incident as provided below and contain the facts surrounding the incident and contact information for witnesses and anyone else involved in the accident/incident.
- You shall be liable and responsible for any costs, claims, judgments, demands, damages, injuries, expenses, penalties, expenditures of any nature, causes of action, losses, attorney’s fees and court costs of any kind relating to a stolen, lost or damaged Equipment. If You leave Equipment unlocked or unattended and it is stolen, You are expressly responsible for its replacement cost.
- You expressly agree to return the Equipment to Paddle EZ in the same condition as when received. You are liable for any and all damages resulting from improper use or abuse of the Equipment and the cost of such damages shall become due and payable at standard labor and parts rates, which will be charged directly to the credit and or debit card that You used to rent the Equipment and/or in a subsequent invoice to You, payable upon receipt. If Equipment is permanently damaged and must be removed from circulation, You shall be responsible for furnishing Paddle EZ with the replacement cost of the Equipment, which will be charged directly to the credit and or debit card that You used to rent the Equipment and/or in a subsequent invoice to You, payable upon receipt. Should You cause damage to the property of another party while operating or in possession of the Equipment, You are solely liable for such damage.
- You expressly acknowledge and agree that Paddle EZ does not provide You insurance of any kind including but not limited to: property damage, liability, personal injury, injury to others, damages, penalties, fines, losses, and/or expenses of any kind whatsoever.
- If You do not return the Equipment to the locker before the expiration of Your pre-paid rental period, Paddle EZ reserves the right to charge You additional rental fees equal to two (2) times the standard hourly rental fee for each additional hour (or portion thereof), which will be charged directly to the credit and or debit card that You used to rent the Equipment. Equipment rental fees are subject to applicable sales taxes and other local government charges.
- Risks of Activity. You agree and understand that taking part in the Activity can be HAZARDOUS AND INVOLVES THE RISK OF PHYSICAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH. You acknowledge that the Activity is inherently dangerous and fully realize the dangers of participating in the Activity. The risks and dangers of the activity include, but are not limited to: changing weather conditions, changing tides, undertows, changing water conditions, cold water immersion, hidden underwater obstacles, trees or other above water obstacles, changing and unpredictable currents, drowning, exposure, swimming, overturning, improper use of equipment, carrying boards and other equipment, entrapment of feet or other body parts under rocks or other objects or with equipment, equipment failure, dehydration, sunburn, not being familiar with the waterway and forecasted water and weather conditions, high surf, high wind, offshore breeze, when wind is blowing out to sea, rapids, other watercraft, docks, pilings or any other obstacles, and mental distress from exposure to any one of the above.
YOU acknowledge and understand that the description of the risks listed above IS not complete and that participating in the Activity may be dangerous and may include other risks.
- Release, Indemnification, and Assumption of Risk. In consideration of You and any Participant being permitted to participate in the Activity, You agree as follows:
- Release. you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally release, forever discharge, and agree not to sue or bring any other legal action against the RELEASED PARTIES with respect to any and all claims and causes of action of any nature whether currently known or unknown, which You, or any Participant, have or which could be asserted on behalf of them in connection with any Participant’s participation in the Activity, including, but not limited to claims of negligence, product defect, breach of warranty, and/or breach of contract. Released parties include:
- Galveston Park Board
- City of Galveston
- County of Galveston
- Indemnification. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability, cost, expense or damage of any kind or nature whatsoever and from any suits, claims or demands, including legal fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of, or related to, a Participant’s participation in the Activity. Such obligation on Your part shall survive the period of a Participant’s participation in the Activity.
- Assumption of Risk. You agree and understand that there are dangers and risks associated with the participation in the Activity and that INJURIES AND/OR DEATH may result from participating in the Activity, including, but not limited to the acts, omissions, representations, carelessness, and negligence of the Released Parties. By placing your order, You recognize that property loss, injury and death are all possible while participating in the Activity. RECOGNIZING THE RISKS AND DANGERS, YOU UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND VOLUNTARILY CHOOSE FOR PARTICIPANT TO PARTICIPATE IN AND EXPRESSLY ASSUME ALL RISKS AND DANGERS OF THE PARTICPATION IN THE ACTIVITY, WHETHER OR NOT DESCRIBED ABOVE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, INHERENT, OR OTHERWISE.
- Miscellaneous. You further agree and understand: (a) Participant will not engage in any activities prohibited by any applicable laws, statutes, regulations and ordinances; (b) This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be determined by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and Mediation Procedures. The seat or place of arbitration shall be Travis County, Texas. (c) this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto and supersedes any and all prior contracts, arrangements, communications, or representations, whether oral or written, between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof; (d) the Undersigned understand and acknowledge that this Agreement is a contract and shall be binding to the fullest extent permitted by law. If any part of this Agreement is deemed to be unenforceable, the remaining terms shall be an enforceable contract between the parties. These terms and conditions shall be binding upon the assignees, subrogors, distributors, heirs, next of kin, executors and personal representatives of You.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS.
I AM AWARE THAT I AM RELEASING LEGAL RIGHTS THAT OTHERWISE MAY EXIST.